The Ethics Act includes requirements for disclosure of certain activities and transactions by legislators, legislative employees and public members of the Ethics Committee.
ON-LINE FILING OF ETHICS DISCLOSURES
Please read below for accessing the online system.
- The Ethics office reviews all disclosures. If information is unclear or additional clarifying information is needed, the discloser will be contacted.
If you are unable to complete an on-line Disclosure form click HERE for a listing of the printable forms.
Those disclosures, which are public, are printed in the House or Senate journals during session. The committee also maintains a summary listing of disclosures on this web site. See below.
Disclosure Reporting Dates
Disclosures due within 30 days of the matter, interest or association; annually within the first 30 days of session; and 90 days after final day of service
- Membership on a Board of Directors - AS 24.60.030(f)
- Participation in State Benefit and Loan Programs - AS 24.60.050(c)(d)
- Representation before a State Agency - AS 24.60.100
- Interest in State Contracts, Leases, or Grants - AS 24.60.040 NOTE: A legislator or employee, or a family member, or a public member of the Ethics Committee who participates in state contract, lease or grant with an annual value of $5000 or more, must disclose. Reporting applies to interests begun, acquired or renegotiated. Please see the law for details.
- Close Economic Association with other than a lobbyist spouse or lobbyist domestic partner - AS 24.60.070
- Close Economic Association with Lobbyist Spouse or Domestic Partner - AS 24.60.070(d) (NOTE: changes to the list must be reported within 48 hours.)
Gift Disclosures due within 30 days
- Gift of Legal Services Related to Legislative Matters - AS 24.60.080(c)(8)
- Gift Not Connected to Legislative Status over $250 - Confidential Disclosure - AS 24.60.080(c)(6)
Gift Disclosures due within 60 days
- Gift of Travel and Hospitality for Legislative Matters over $250 - AS 24.60.080(c)(4)
- Gift of Travel and Hospitality for Legislative Matters over $250 - Family Member - AS 24.60.080(i)
- Gift Related to Sanctioned Charity Event - AS 24.60.080(c)(10)
- Gift Related to Sanctioned Charity Event - Family Member - AS 24.60.080(c)(10)
Legislators, Legislative Directors and Public Member of the Ethics Committee
- During term of office or appointment - Financial Disclosure covering the previous calendar year - due March 15
- Appointment to serve as a legislator, legislative director or public member of the Ethics Committee – Financial Disclosure covering the previous year due within 30 days
- Leaving service – Financial Disclosure covering the period from last report to last day of service due within 90 days
Back to the Ethics Committee